Improve leadership team performance. Evaluate leadership effectiveness. Equip your leaders to work well with complexity. Develop change leadership capability. Help new teams perform quickly.
Your leaders face significant and complex challenges. Are they equipped?
As the pace of change accelerates it becomes vital to bring your people with you and involve them in the process. Giving them a voice and keeping them engaged can make a real difference.
To achieve that, you need leaders who can create shared purpose. Build trust. Inspire people to try harder. Give people something bigger to believe in. Bring out the best in everyone. Work coherently as a leadership group.
That’s a big ask. And it’s not the only challenge leaders face. Here are some others:
- Leading authentically and being consistent
- Engaging people at all levels
- Having real impact
- Building the next generation of leaders able to work with the complexity and ambiguity of 21st century organisations
- Working effectively with other leaders across organisational boundaries
Equip your individual leaders to lead better
Some say “Leaders are born, not made.” Really? We beg to differ. We believe leadership can be taught, and that different leadership styles are appropriate in different situations.
Here are some of the ways we give individual leaders the skills they need:
- Provide 360 degree feedback to help them understand their leadership styles
- Give them 1:1 performance coaching to release their full potential
- Create bespoke leadership development programmes that will increase their impact
Equip your leadership teams to lead better
We also believe that leadership development should focus on teams and groups as well as individuals. Your leaders shouldn’t have to carry the burden on their own. We often work with Executive teams and the next level down to create an extended leadership group that has a powerful impact in shaping and delivering business changes.
Here are just some of the things we can do that will make a difference:
- Build extended leadership teams
- Develop change leadership capability in leaders and teams
- Equip people at all levels to be effective change agents
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your Board
- Develop Executive leadership teams to combine skills and strengths
- Use talent management reviews to assess areas of organisational strengths and weaknesses
Fix a team that appears to be ‘broken’
It’s a fact of life that some teams are dysfunctional. It can happen for any number of reasons, and can lead to any number of problems. We are used to working with teams that appear to be ‘broken’ and have a proven track record of fixing them and turning their performance around.
Let’s work together to help your leaders and teams become more effective
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help your leaders and teams become more effective, let’s start a conversation to get things moving.
Here are some examples of how we did exactly that for clients recently
Developing 21st century leaders
Mightywaters’ input, design and delivery of our premier 2-week 21st century leadership programme for around 100 of our global senior talent pool was outstanding and made the whole series of programmes very successful for both the business and the individual participants.
Steve Kelsey, Global Head of Learning & Development
Building a wide leadership base to deliver business tansformation
Mightywaters’ expertise, professional approach and fresh perspectives have helped to successfully deliver a number of significant change initiatives, including a culture change programme and developing along term people engagement model and strategy.
Andy Meadows, HR Director